Monday 5 March 2012

stuffed animals


I think my fascination with taxidermy was predetermined by growing up in the  Midwest where  hunting is the game, and deer heads are your trophies. Though I've never fired a rifle in my life, and have little interest to, my allure to this peculiar art form manifested in an ever-growing collection of butterflies and moths. After studying abroad in London, I met a fellow taxidermy enthusiast, Basia who showed my some PRIME taxidermy in Paris (specifically, Deyrolle. You can make your own butterfly shadowboxes! Ah!) Think roaring tigers, frolicking zebras, iridescent beetles and gigantic moths, all frozen in time. There is just something eerily magical about it. Anyway, I recently stumbled upon another take on taxidermy that is even more magical...Netherlands based Les Deux Garçons (Michel Vanderheijden van Tinteren and Roel Moonen)  created a collection of whimsical beasts mixed with millinery, found objects, and toys. ♡ THESE. I hope you find them as dazzling :)









 




2 comments: